Fire Safety Tips
Fire Safety Tips from Protection 1
Considering the fact that, in 2010, U.S. fire departments responded to 1,331,500 fires which caused 3,120 deaths and $11.5 billion in direct damage, fire prevention is a topic that should be taken seriously. To help keep your family and property safe, Protection 1 would like to offer the following fire safety tips checklist to help ensure you are prepared in the event of a fire in your home:
- Be sure to test your smoke alarms monthly. Do your kids know what it sounds like?
- Create a home fire-escape plan that includes two ways out of each room and practice your plan with your family.
- Be sure every exit in your home is clear of clutter and toys.
- Pick a safe place to meet outside in the event a fire occurs in your home.
- Consider installing a monitored smoke and carbon monoxide detection system like that offered by Protection 1.