Home Security Tips
As the largest security company in the nation, Protection 1 understands the potential dangers that millions of people face every day. Check out our infographic on home security tips to learn how you can protect yourself and your home!
Protect Yourself and Your Home
- Always be aware of usual and unusual activities in your neighborhood; immediately report suspicious behavior
- Secure all windows and doors that are accessible from the outside, including those upstairs
- Never leave a spare key hidden outside – burglars are familiar with typical hiding places
- Install peepholes so you can screen your visitors
- Ask for identification from service and delivery people before letting them into your home
- Install deadbolt locks on all exterior entrances
- Make sure smoke detectors are working and up to code, or consider adding a monitored smoke or heat detector
- Post emergency phone numbers by the telephone (including your cellular phone or pager numbers) for your children or babysitter to use when you are not at home
- Make sure visitors staying at your home also know your address and where emergency numbers are located
Add This To Your Website or Blog
Download This Guide
Right click the link below and select "Save link as..." to Download a Copy.
Home Security Tips [PDF]