False Alarm Prevention
This information can help you prevent false alarms
Avoid neighborhood nuisances and unneeded police calls with these tips on keeping your system working properly.
What causes false alarms?
What if my alarm goes off?
- Check to make sure there really isn’t an intruder or fire in your home
- Don't panic! Remember your keypad code and password
- If the alarm activation is accidental, using your keypad, carefully disarm your system by entering each number of your keypad code
- If it takes more than 30 seconds to reset the system, a Protection 1 representative will call you.
- Rehearse alarm cancellation with everyone who might use your system
- Make sure everyone who has a key to your home or business knows how to operate the security system
- Keep your Protection 1 instruction book and phone number handy
- Advanced preparation can prevent future issues with your alarm system. Please call us prior to Changing your phone number, Getting a pet, or Beginning any home renovations.
- Call us if you hire domestic help, as we can easily add a special keypad code for that person’s use
- Routine service checks are the best way to keep your system in working order so call your local branch office to schedule your service check today