Here are the answers to the most common questions regarding your home safety.
Protection 1 answers the most common questions regarding your home safety from basic home alarm systems installation to payment processes. We’re here to help.
- I’m going to be out of town or leaving for an extended amount of time, how do I let you know?
- Contact customer service at 1-877-PRO1-911
- How do I reset my verbal password?
- For residential accounts, we would need to receive a fax with your driver’s license, signature, account number and what you would like the new password to be. The password can be a word or a number, whichever is easiest for you to remember. Our fax number is 1-800-937-3354.
- When does my agreement end?
- Please call our customer service department at 1-877-PRO1-911 for any questions regarding your contract. They will be able to assist you with all of your agreement questions.
- What should I do if I’ve changed phone providers, and do I need a landline for my system?
- Most modern Protection 1 security systems come with the ability to communicate with our monitoring centers without the need of a land line phone service. Often, systems without wireless communication built in can be upgraded with additional equipment to gain that ability. If you have questions about whether or not your system will work with your new phone service, please call Customer Service at 1-877-PRO1-911. Please give us a call if you already switched phone providers. We would like to test your system to make sure we are still communicating properly. If you have already switched phone providers, contact Customer Service to have a test performed and ensure that your phone service is compatible with your monitoring system.
- Why isn’t eSecure sending proper notifications?
- eSecure notifications can be enabled through your eSecure web portal. If you have questions on how to use this service, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-PRO1-911.
- What is Online Billing and how do I sign up for it?
- Online billing services, provided through Protection1.com, allow you to make one-time payments, establish automated paperless bill pay, and view/download your current and past statements. To activate your online billing services, click on the “View/Pay Bill” link in the top right section of any Protection1.com page. If you have any additional questions about online billing services, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-PRO1-911.
- How can I pay my bill? (Paper and Online)
- To access your online billing services, click on the “View/Pay Bill” link in the top right section of any Protection1.com page.
- Call our automated bill pay line at 1-800-606-3535.
- Mail your payment to:
PO Box 219044
Kansas City, MO 64121-9044
- How do I change my bill due date?
- Customer Service can assist you with changing your bill due date. Please note that this will cause your following bill to display a prorated amount. You can contact Customer Service at 1-877-PRO1-911.
- Why do I have to pay (X) amount, I think my bill is showing the wrong amount — what's going on?
- You can view your billing and payment history from Protection1.com, by clicking on “View/Pay Bill” in the upper right hand corner. If you have never used the service before, select “Enroll” to create your profile.
- My keypad shows a number, what does this mean?
- On most systems, numbers represent corresponding sensors that are not ready to be armed. You can usually clear numbers from your keypad by double checking all of your monitored doors and windows.
If your keypad displays a number and BAT or Battery, this means that you have a sensor with a low battery.
- My keypad displays bF. What does that mean?
- bF (which also looks like 6F on some keypads) is an error code indicating that your wireless GSM unit may not be communicating with a wireless tower. Customer Service can assist you in making your GSM unit reconnect to a tower.
- My keypad displays FC. What does that mean?
- FC is an error code indicating that your security system is having trouble communicating with our monitoring center through the phone line. To remedy this issue first try the following:
- Make sure you have a dial tone on your landline phones. If your phone service is not working, your security system may not either.
- Check to ensure that your security system is connected to the phone line. You will need to locate the phone line connection, in or around your security system panel.
- Why does my keypad display BAT or Battery?
- This can be caused by a power outage, flipped breakers, or your system may have been unplugged. Your keypad may continue to display the same message after power has been restored. This indicate that your battery is recharging. If the same message remains on your display after 72 hours, please contact Customer Service for assistance.
- My system is beeping. Why?
- Your Protection 1 security system should very seldom produce any beeping noises. If you hear a beeping look for likely culprits first. Microwaves, mobile phones and store-purchased smoke detectors can make a beeping sound. If the beeping is not coming from one of these devices, check your keypad. Your Protection 1 system will tell you if something is wrong. If there is nothing displayed on your keypad, the beeping is not coming from your security system.
- My system needs to be put on test
- To place your system on test, reach us by phone at 1-877-PRO1-911 or use our Live Chat option.